Best IIT JEE books
Every year the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). This examination is a gateway for admission in IIITs, NITs, engineering colleges, Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs), private institutions and other technology institutions by the Government.
It is a dream of lakhs of students to clear this entrance but only a few can actually achieve it. This is one the most crucial exams for students who wish to take engineering as their career. But in reality from 11-12 lakh aspirants, roughly only 2.24 lakh students get through this exam.
Today everything is available on internet but candidates must be wise enough to recognise the reliable sources for their preparations. Once you have the syllabus and pattern of the exam, the next thing is to focus on finding good books. There are thousands of book available for IIT JEE preparations. Choosing the right books can be a daunting task.
So, here we have a list of best IIT JEE books that have been helpful to many successful candidates.
Note: NCERT textbooks – Read thorough all the chapters for all Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
Best IIT JEE Physics books:
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- New pattern Physics Book by DC Pandey
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- University Physics by Freedman and Young
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
- Physics Volume 1 & 2 by Tipler
- A Collection of Questions & Problems in Physics by L.A. Sena
Best IIT JEE Chemistry books:
Chemistry in IIT JEE is roughly divided in three parts:
- General Chemistry with great emphasis on Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
List of books:
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- University Chemistry by Bruce H. Mahan
- University Chemistry by Freedman and Young for Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Solomons and Fryhle for Organic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee
- Arihant’s Inorganic Chemistry
Best IIT JEE Mathematics books:
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight for Algebra
- Algebra By SK Goyal from Arihant
- Coordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
- Differential and Integral Calculus by N. Piskunov
- Calculus and Analytic Geometry by Thomas and Finney for Calculus
- Integral Calculus from Arihant
- IIT Mathematics by M.L. Khanna
- Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by Tata McGraw Hill publications
- Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics by A Das Gupta
- Plane Trigonometry by S L Loney
- Mathematics for Class 11 & Class 12 by RD Sharma OR Maths for Class 11 & Class 12 by R.S. Agarwal
Note: Solving previous years’ question papers are always proved to be helpful. For this you can refer – IIT JEE Main & Advanced – 14 Year’s Objective Solved Papers
For preparation of IIT JEE, a candidate has an ocean of book to read. Although, this is a massive list of books, students can choose one or two books from each section and practise it thoroughly. Always remember that success in any exam depends on your hard work, dedication, understanding of the subject and clarity of concepts.