Every year the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) of India conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for various types of recruitment of grade B and C. Through these categories various posts of Government departments and ministries are filled. Students can appear for these exams after their graduation and the difficulty level is from easy to moderate.
SSC CGL exams require good preparation thus, a lot of practice is required. There are a number of coaching institutes and online services that provide coaching. But still aspirants need to practice on their own therefore, they need to refer books.
Before buying SSC CGL book, students need to know the syllabus and exam pattern, so that they can plan accordingly. Once you get all the information about the exam then its time to search best SSC CGL books. Referring to NCERT class 10 English and Maths books has also been a key in the preparations.
Below you can find some important information about the exams and a list of books that are usually recommended.
Examination Name – Combined Graduate Level Examination(CGL)
Exam Mode – Online
Exam Date – 25th July – 20th August
No. of stages – 4
Job Location – Pan India
Official Website – https://ssc.nic.in/
Exam Duration – 60 minutes
Marks Calculation – Out of 200
Negative Marking – Yes (0.50 for each wrong answer)
Sectional Cut Off – No
List of some of the best SSC CGL books that can be followed:
For Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- Mathematics Class 11th and 12th y R.D. Sharma
- Quicker Maths by M Tyra (For beginners)
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Publication
- Magical Book On Quicker Maths
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
For English Language
- Wren & Martin – High School English Grammar and Composition
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)
- Competitive General English Kiran Prakashan
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Perfect Competitive English V.K. Sinha
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – By Arun Sharma
For Reasoning Section
- Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT and How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma
For General Awareness
- General Knowledge Dr. Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
- Competition Success Review
- Manorama Yearbook 2017 (both English and Hindi)
- India 2017 (both English and Hindi)
Question Papers from previous years
- Kiran’s SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Exams Question Bank 1999-2016
- Solved Papers SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Pre Examination Tier-I by Arihant
- SSC CGL 50 Practice Papers Combined Graduate Level Tier-I Examination by Arihant
These competitive exams are the stepping stone to achieve good jobs thus, they are always in demand. SSC CGL is one such exam that most of the students appear or wish to appear. Preparing for such examinations is a challenging task. Although, a lot of online and offline sources are available but student may get confused on which source they should probably trust.
Books have always been the primary source of education, hence finding good books for SSC CGL is very important. I hope this article has helped you in getting some valuable information that will help you in preparing for exams. Most of these books are easily available on amazon.
Good luck to all the aspirants!