The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was founded in 1963 by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry to make a visionary contribution to the skill development of the external trade sector of India. The NAAC has recognized IIFT as Grade ‘A’ in 2005 and in 2015 too. The flagship course conducted under IIFT is MBA-IB, i.e., MBA in International Business. The course is a six-trimester general management residential program focusing on international business. IIFT has three campuses, namely at Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada.
- The National Testing Agency will conduct the IIFT 2021 exam.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours, i.e., 120 minutes.
- The mode of the exam is online.
- Every wrong answer will be negatively marked by deducting ½ marks.
- The nature of the exam is multiple-choice questions.
- There are 110 questions asked in total.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized college or university
- Minimum 50% marks in bachelor’s degree examination are required.
- The minimum marks criteria for SC, ST, and PWD candidates is 45% marks.
- Students appearing for last year’s exam also can apply for this exam.
- There is no age limit for this.
|Sections||Total Number of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|General Knowledge & National Affairs||20||Easy|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||35||Easy to moderate|
|Data Interpretation &Logical Reasoning||30||Moderate to difficult|
|Quantitative Ability Sums||25||Moderate to difficult|
Keeping in mind the IIFT Exam Pattern for 2020, the above schedule of marks and details is given. For scoring maximum marks, one can prepare for the entrance exam with the above format’s help.
Marks detailing for IIFT 2021 Pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks/Ques||Negative Marking||Total Marks|
Tips for preparation of IIFT 2021 Pattern
- A candidate must study for the exam from the right books and study material. Guidelines should be taken only from the official website – http://tedu.iift.ac.in/iift/index.php
- Always one must keep checking the latest syllabus on the website and other standard educational portals before starting the preparation.
- A proper time-table must be maintained to execute the studies.
- Previous years’ papers must be downloaded from the verified sources and must be practiced to maximize the scores.
- Even if you have joined an online training module or a coaching institute, you must prepare notes for the exam. These notes come in handy while revising for the exam.
- The exam has sections and sub-sections divided subject-wise. Proper time management is the key to solve 110 questions in 2 hours without making mistakes.
- All candidates must note the negative marking scale set for the exam and accordingly answer all questions.
- For solving the quantitative ability sums like a pro, one must regularly practice mental mathematics.
- To crack the VARC section, an aspirant must be good at reading a passage swiftly and skillfully. This can be achieved through the habit of continuous reading.
This article enlightens an aspirant with an understanding of the IIFT Exam Pattern properly. The exam highlights, patterns, marks with details, and the tips to study can help you gain confidence and also help you in planning your preparation. A well-planned mode of study fetches higher scores in any entrance exam. Thus generating a time-table for the exam will be helpful for you. Also, referring to daily newspapers and keeping track of the national affairs happening in the country will help you prepare better.
Check and download latest IIFT 2021 syllabus PDF at https://www.shiksha.com/mba/iift-exam-syllabus